Monday, November 22, 2021

Ergonomics and The Home Office

     Most ergonomic products are designed for office settings. It makes a lot of sense considering people who work for or in an office setting are often in the same space, using the same products or technology for extended amounts of time and that can cause a lot of wear and tear on our bodies, especially the workability of our hands, heads, and even our posture.

    It's important to take advantage of the technology that has been created in order to keep our bodies in tip-top condition. For a few examples, there are standings desks, computer "mice" that are created to have a more relaxed hand, chairs that help keep our backs straight and our heads up, the list goes on and on. 

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Ergonomic-Mouse-Right-Medium/dp/B08QHKPQK1
    My partner and I both have home offices and his office is much more ergonomic friendly than mine. My office chair is a fuzzy, straight-backed wood chair, while his has a lumbar support and a headrest. I have a simple, notebook laptop while his PC has an ergonomic mouse, keyboard, and adjustable screen. He has taken the time to think about the longevity of his time spent on his computer and I--the future designer--have not. 

    When designing an office space, the ergonomic details are important but expensive, but I highly suggest buying a few pieces at a time because it could save you a doctor's visit in the long run.

https://www.gq.com/story/tips-for-an-ergonomic-home-office



3 comments:

  1. The last photo cracked me up, but I enjoy reading your post it was short and to the point. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest this post and imagery got me on the verge of tears. very impactful. 9/10

    ReplyDelete