Wednesday, October 20, 2021

My Design Philosophy

    My design philosophy is focused around safety and serenity. These are two of the most important feelings to experience when you enter a room, a home, or a building. It is surrounded by textiles and furniture you'd like to sink into and want to feel on your skin.

    Whenever I think about designing and what drives me to do it, all I can think about is the feeling I get whenever I'm in a place that feels me full of serenity. My art is also a part of my drive. I love the way it feels to create something beautiful to look at, especially if it's customary to someone else.

    I have been an artist my entire life. I have been drawing, painting, and creating since I was about 4 years old. I have always known I wanted it to be my career one day. As I got older, the moment I was taught how to draw a floor plan for a home, I knew I was hooked. Drafting became my new goal. I wanted to design layouts. From that moment on, drafting, designing, and decorating became an obsession. I wanted homes to not only be aesthetically pleasing but good for the soul as well. 

    There have been a couple times in my life where my actual home has felt like a real home, out of the 7 homes I've lived in. I believe that it's one of the most important feelings your brain and body can experience for one's own personal mental health. I also think that's another reason why I'm so drawn to profession. I want to give people that feeling. 

    Whenever I design, I like to think about the needs of the client but also a way to sign off on a design without combating client's preferences. It's important to put yourself into your work when you can. You spend hours on creating it.



4 comments:

  1. Danyel, safety and serenity are awesome design goals. Great point about wanting to sink into the furniture. That was a really good piece of imagery. I also love the way it feels to create something beautiful and want to do that for others. Good design is good for the soul. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danyel I find it awesome that you were able to determine what you wanted to do so fast and the fact you strive to help promote one's own personal health through your own work is even greater. Good luck in the future and great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danyel, I love how you've always liked to draw I am the same way and was a reason I have joined this field for my career. Art can be beautiful and it feels great creating it. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your drive as a designer and how long you have known this is what you want to do. Your art is amazing and this field is a great outlet for that. Great work!

    ReplyDelete